If we’re going to progress and make differences in this world we have to learn how to confront each other’s beliefs.
Beliefs matter because people act upon their beliefs, whether those beliefs are true or not.
The best way to engage beliefs is through open and honest conversations.
This episode lays down the fundamentals we need before we begin to use conversation to combat our current social dysfunction.
The seven fundamentals highlighted in this episode are:
- Know why you’re having the conversation (purpose).
- Look at the other person as a “partner” instead of an “adversary”.
- Focus on building a connection (rapport).
- Talk less & listen more.
- Don’t worry about your truth; don’t be a “messenger”.
- Understand the power of perceived intention.
- Know how & when to walk away.